🠈 Services Group of America 🠊
Services Group of America
Services Group of America is a food services company based in Scottsdale, Az. Founded in 1972, the company has grown into a leading source for fresh produce and food in the Western US. NOTE: they were recently acquired by US Foods.
Web sites from the group include:
- Food Services of America is a premiere food distributor serving restaurants and grocers.
- Systems Services of America, Inc. offers customized food delivery services for restaurant chains.
- AmeriFresh is a fresh produce provider. They are home of the Snoboy® brand.
- AmeriStar Meats produces protein sources for restaurants.
- GAMPAC offers logistic services.
- Development Services of America is the real estate management services for SGA.
The company has grown through acquisition and organic growth. This section lists merger activity.
According to the Snoboy history page, Pacific Gamble attempted to buy Miller Produce. Miller Produce then turned around and bought Pacific Gamble; So the official history of the company starts with Miller Produce.
SGA was acquired by US Foods in 2018; So expect a huge shake in the corporate structure.
- 1972: Thomas J. Stewart bought Miller Produce
- 1943: Harvey Miller started Miller Produce Company in Seattle.
- 1974: Stewart bought United Cascade Foods and forms Miller Cascade Foods.
- 1986: Miller Cascade acquired Pacific Gamble Robinson PGR and renamed company Food Services of America.
History of Pacific Gamble
- 1890: George Youell started selling fruit from a horse-drawn cart in Tacoma, Wash.
- 1910: Youell's business is called Pacific Fruit & Produce.
- 1925: Company launches Snoboy brand of apples from Yakima Valley.
- 1929: Pacific merged with Ryan Fruit Corp. of Spokane, Wash.
- 1930: company acquired Gamble-Robinson and becomes Pacific Gamble Robinson.
- 1988: Stewart rebuilds PGR’s produce marketing and shipping division and forms Amerifresh.
- 1988: Stewart created realty service Development Services of America.
- 1989: Stevedoring Services of America splits off Services Group of America.
- 2001: Stewart acquired McCabes Quality Foods and created Services Group of America.
- 2002: SGA acquired S&P Meats.
- 2006: SGA moves its corporate headquarters to Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 2006: SGA renamed S&P Meats as AmeriStar Meats.
- 2010: Thomas J. Stewart, his wife and their young daughter died in a helicopter crash.
- 2018: US Foods acquired SGA for $1.8 billion.
- Seattle Times - Steward Family Confirmed Killed (Drawn 9/21/2018)
- Seattle Times - US Foods acquires SGA (Drawn 9/21/2018)
- Phoenix Color - Technology: GAMPAC
- Phoenix Color - Property Management: Development Services of America
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next