🠈 Sprouts Farmers Market 🠊
Sprouts Farmers Market
Sprouts Farmers Market is a growing chain of natural food stores with headquarters in Phoenix.
The company traces its history to a fruit stand started by Henry Boney in 1943. The enterprise grew and was renamed "Henry's Marketplace" in 1969. In 1999 the enterprise was acquired by Wild Oats which was subsequently acquired by Whole Foods in 2007.
The current Sprouts enterprise was started in 2002 by Stan and Shon Boney in Phoenix. This enterprise expanded by 50 stores in 2010.
In the meanwhile, Whole Foods divested itself of Henry's Marketplace to a private equity firm called Apollo Management Group. In February 2011, Sprouts and Henry's Marketplace merged under Apollo Management Group.
In March 2012, Sprouts acquired Sunflower Market. Sunflower Farmers Market was created by Mike Gilliland in 2002. Mr. Gilliland was a cofounder of Wild Oats.
In August 2013, Sprouts raised $333M in an IPO with the symbol SFM on NASDAQ.
- Coconino County - Shopping: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Phoenix Color - Grocery Stores: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Pima County - Food: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Boulder Color - Grocery Stores: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Colorado Springs Color - Grocery Stores: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Denver Color - Grocery: Sunflower Farmers Market
- Fort Collins Color - Grocery Stores: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Provo Utah - Food: Sprouts Farmers Market
- Salt Lake Sites - Grocery Stores: Sprouts Farmers Markets
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next