🠈 Peter Piper Pizza 🠊
Peter Piper Pizza
Peter Piper Pizza is a Glendale based pizza chain with locations across the Southwest. The company is a subsidiary of CEC Entertainment which, in turn, is owned by Apollo Global Management.
I suspect that the company was named for the tongue twisting nursery rhyme: "Peter Piper" which has been known since 1823. It goes something like:
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
This is a commercial from their Youtube Channel:
Below is a listing of select events in the history of Peter Piper Pizza.
- 1973: Anthony Cavolo founded Peter Piper Pizza with the first store in Glendale.
- 1992: The Venture West Group acquired Peter Piper Inc.
- 1995: Madison Dearborn Partners extended a $12.5 million line of credit to Peter Piper.
- 1995: Peter Piper acquired Pistol Pete's Pizza.
- 1996: Peter Piper named C. Ronald Petty who had been CEO of Dennys' as CEO.
- 2007: ACON Investments acquired Peter Piper.
- 2014: Apollo Global Management acquired Peter Piper in a debt financed deal. Apollo combined it with CEC Entertainment which owns Chuck E Cheese.
- 2020: CEC Entertainment filed Chapter 11. This was due to the large debt load created by Apollo Global Management.
- Wikipedia - Peter Piper Pizza (Drawn 6/30/2020)
- Business Wire - ACON Acquires Peter Piper (Drawn 7/6/2020)
- Funding Universe - Peter Piper Pizza (Drawn 7/6/2020)
- Cochise County - Dining: Peter Piper Pizza
- Coconino County - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
- Phoenix Color - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
- Pima County - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
- Pinal County - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
- Santa Cruz County - Dining: Peter Piper Pizza
- Yavapai County - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
- Yuma County - Pizza: Peter Piper Pizza
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next