🠈 Magellan Health 🠊
The video talks about the Magellan Cares Foundation which is the company's charitable effort.
- 1969: The company was founded as a chain of behavioral health clinics called Charter Medical based in Macon, Ga.
- 1988: A management-led take-over left the company in debt.
- 1992: They filed bankruptcy. At the time it had 95 hospitals and over $1 billion in debt.
- 1994: After re-emerging from bankruptcy, the company moved its headquarters to Atlanta, Ga
- 1996: The company held an IPO as Megellan Health Services, Inc. (SEC Filing).
- 1997: Magellan acquired Merit Behavioral Care Corporation which provided mental health and substance abuse services for $460 million.
- 1999: the company moved its headquarters to Columbia, Maryland.
- 2000: Charter files a second bankruptcy. They had $50 million in assets and more than $100 million in debts. The company was 90% by Crescent Operating, Inc.
- 2003: Magellan was in Bankruptcy
- In 2004: the company moved its headquarters to Connecticut.
- 2013: Magellan acquired Scottsdale based pharmacy-benefits management called Partners Rx for $100 million
- 2014: the company moved its headquarters to Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 2014: Magellan acquired CDMI LLC, a pharmacy benefits company, for $205.
- 2009: CDMI was founded in Newport, RI
- 2017: Magellan acquired Senior Whole Health of Ma for about $400 million.
- 2018: Megellan was added to Fortune 500 List.
- Hartford Current - Magellan to move to Scottsdale (Drawn 10/1/2018)
- Wikipedia - Magellan Health (Drawn 11/11/2019) 2458393
- Megellan - Magellan Health Named to the Fortune 500 List of America’s Largest Companies (Drawn 10/1/2018)
- Businesswire - Magellan acquires Senior Whole Health (Drawn 10/1/2018)
- Phoenix Color - Health: Magellan Health
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next