<== Site of the Week for 2018-01-13 ==>
Wickenburg Community Hospital
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a community owned hospital serving the Wickenburg area.
The About Us page begins with a compelling store of frontier medics treating gun shot and arrow wounds and finally confesses that the hospital was started in 1926. This next section shows events in the hospital's history:
- 1926: The hospital was founded in 1926.
- 1936: Dr. James Copeland becomes the owner.
- 1945: Dr. Copeland dies in a plane crash.
- Ewald Stein, Wes Paige and Hal Warner for the Community Hospital Association, Inc. which raised $25,000 bond to save the hospital.
- 1957: Dr. Bralliar donates land and new hospital is constructed.
- 1984: The hospital adds a 40 bed nursing home.
- 1986: the hospital adds an emergency room.
- 2010: The hospital adds the Boyd Infusion Center.
- 201?: Wickenburg forms a partnership with Rural Physicians Group.